Cruise starts: 29 September 2022 - from Kiel
Cruise ends: 13 October 2022 - to Kiel
Duration: 14 nights
From Germany to the Arctic Circle and beyond – this cruise is a long-held dream for many cruise travellers. The mountains welcome
you as the gateway to the north, after which you will continue up through Norway’s fjord landscape along the famous Hurtigruten.
In Tromso, you really get the feeling of having travelled a long way. This is where you will find sled dogs and one of the most northerly
breweries in the world. The cruise at the North Cape is an unforgettable experience: in the summer, the sun never goes down
completely; in the autumn, the Northern Lights cast a spell over the night sky. A breathtaking feeling!
Cruise-Only prices include:
• 14 night cruise aboard Vasco da Gama round trip from Kiel
• All shipboard main meals
• The services of a nicko cruise director and local tour guide
• English-speaking service on board
• Comfortable whisper audio system is used on all excursions
• Use of the fitness area, the swimming pool and spa with sauna (spa services additional)
• Entertainment programme and lectures
• All port and government charges
A range of earlybird and combination discounts may be available on this cruise. Please contact us for your current best offer and availability. All rates shown are in Euros per person twin share based on full brochure fare. Single supplements apply.
For an additional cost you may include a beverage package in your cruise. Choose from...
Classic Beverage Package: priced from EUR 406 per person
• House wine by the glass (white, rose and red)
• Sparkling house wine by the glass
• Port, Madeira and sherry
• Draft and bottled beers, non-alcoholic beer (excluding Guinness and Somersby Cider)
• All non-alcoholic cocktails
• Aperitifs (Aperol spritz/orange, Campari soda/orange)
• All non-alcoholic house beverages (juices and soft drinks)
• Mineral water and still water
• All coffee specialties (alcohol-free)
• Hot chocolate and tea
Premium Beverage Package: priced from EUR 686 per person
• All classic package beverages shown above, as well as the following:
• Crémant by the glass
• Guinness (bottle) and Somersby Cider (bottle)
• All cocktails (alcoholic)
• San Pellegrino mineral water
• Premium mixers (e.g. Elderflower Fever Tree tonic water and Tonic 1724)
• Various scotches and whiskies (e.g. Chivas Regal 12 years, Jack Daniel`s Old No. 7)
• Various gins (e.g. Bombay Star, Tanqueray 10 and Hendrick`s)
• Various vodkas (e.g. Stolichnaya, Absolut Citron, Belvedere, Ketel One and Grey Goose)
• Various rums (e.g. Havana Club Anejo, Mount Gay, Pyrat XO Reserve and Sagatiba Pura Cachaca)
• Various tequilas (e.g. Jose Cuervo Silver and Gold, Patron Silver and Anejo and Don Julio Anejo)
• Various brandies and cognacs (e.g. Armagnac Cles des Ducs, Calvados, Grappa Alexander Cru and Hennessy VSOP)
• Various fruit brandies (raspberry, kirsch, mirabelle, fruit and Williams pear)
• Various liqueurs (e.g. Amaretto, Bailey’s, Frangelico, Galliano, Kahlua and Limoncello)
• Various bitters (Fernet Branca, Jagermeister)
• Various vermouths (e.g. Dubonnet Aperitif and Martini Bianco/Rosso)
• Aquavit (Bommerlunder and Loiten`s Linie)
14 Night Cruise sailing from Kiel roundtrip aboard Vasco Da Gama.
In its own unique way, VASCO DA GAMA combines the Portuguese explorer tradition with the demands of today’s cruise guests: a wide range of different bars and restaurants in an exclusive setting, lots of public space with a modern interior and tasteful design elements. On board, you'll find a full range of equipment for spa, fitness and your personal leisure activities. You won’t find any other comparable cruise ship of this size on the market offering such good value for money. The personal atmosphere on board due to the manageable number of guests is key to the sense of well-being. In the very spirit of Portuguese hospitality, our friendly crew remains committed to your welfare.
From Germany to the Arctic Circle and beyond – this cruise is a long-held dream for many cruise travellers. The mountains welcome you as the gateway to the north, after which you will continue up through Norway’s fjord landscape along the famous Hurtigruten. In Tromsø, you really get the feeling of having travelled a long way. This is where you will find sled dogs and one of the most northerly breweries in the world. The cruise at the North Cape is an unforgettable experience: in the summer, the sun never goes down completely; in the autumn, the Northern Lights cast a spell over the night sky. A breathtaking feeling!
Highlights of this cruise:
Kiel is a city in northern Germany and the capital of the Bundesland Schleswig-Holstein. Located on the Baltic Sea (Bay of Kiel) at the head of the Kieler Förde (Kiel fjord), the city has been one of the country's main naval bases since the 1860s. Kiel is a center for German shipbuilders and the eastern terminus of the Kiel Canal. A renowned university, the Christian-Albrechts-Universität is located in Kiel.
Kiel is very famous for its sailing events, including the Kieler Woche, (Kiel Week), one of the biggest sailing events in the world. The city itself has been developed around the Kiel Firth, it has a lively student scene and urban charm. The people of Kiel enjoy the advantages of a green city with parks, ferries and their own beaches.
Kristiansund is a city and municipality, and the capital of the county of Vest-Agder, Norway and of the geographical region (landsdel) of Southern Norway, the Skagerrak coast of southern Norway consisting of the two counties Vest-Agder and Aust-Agder.
Kristiansand is a popular tourist destination in the summer months. It hosts a big music festival - Quart Festival, and offers great salmon fishing, hunting, sailing, boat tours, helicopter tours and many other attractions. Kristiansand is also home to a great picturesque fish market called 'Fiskebrygga'. Here you can enjoy some fresh seafood at 5 different restaurants or directly from the market.
Tromso is a city and municipality in Troms county, Norway. Most of Tromsø, including the city centre, is located on the small island of Tromsøya in the county of Troms, 350 kilometres (217 mi) inside the arctic circle. The island is connected to the mainland by the Tromsø Bridge and the Tromsøysund Tunnel, and to the island of Kvaløya by the Sandnessund Bridge.
The city centre of Tromsø contains the highest number of old wooden houses in North Norway, the oldest house dating from 1789. The Arctic Cathedral, a modern church from 1965, is probably the most famous landmark in Tromsø. The city is a cultural centre for its region, several festivals taking place in the summer.
Trondheim is a city and municipality in Sør-Trøndelag county, Norway. It is the oldest of Norway's major cities, and boasts a rich cultural heritage. The magnificient Nidaros Cathedral, the largest church of Northern Europe, towers over the city centre, which is near the beautiful Nidelva river.
The city boasts many fine estaurants and bars and offers a small and intimate city centre with designer shops and large department stores. Attractions include the Archbishop’s Palance, Ringve museum, Stiftsgården the Royal Residence and Sverresborg - Trøndelag Folk Museum.
The boat trip to the historical island of Munkholmen is a good opportunity to view Trondheim from the sea.
01 - Inside Cabin
02 - Inside Cabin Front/Aft
03 - Inside Cabin
04 - Outside Cabin With Porthole
05 - Outside Cabin With Window (partially Restricted View)
06 - Outside Cabin With Window Front/Aft
07 - Outside Cabin With Window Front/Aft
08 - Outside Cabin With Window Front/Aft
09 - Outside Cabin With Window
11 - Outside Cabin With Window
10 - Outside Cabin With Window (Family)
12 - Outside Cabin With Window
13 - Outside Cabin With Balcony Front/Aft
14 - Outside Cabin With Balcony
15 - Suite With Balcony
16 - Penthouse Suite With Balcony
*Conditions Apply: All prices shown here are per person share twin in EURO, based on full brochure cruise fare. Some cabins may have obstructed views. Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. Travel agent service fees may apply. Special conditions may apply - please ask for full details at time of inquiry. All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. Offer subject to availability at time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors without penalty. Not included: International or domestic airfares, hotel accommodation or transfers, shore excursions and onboard purchases, visas, vaccinations or medical visits. Discount offers are capacity controlled and may be withdrawn without prior notice. Beverage package terms and conditions: Beverage packages can only be booked for the entire duration of the cruise and for all persons sharing the cabin. They are not transferrable to other people. Nicko beverage packages are valid only during the cruise and they are non-refundable. Beverage packages may not be booked for persons under 18 years of age.